Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pink Food.

I made the best dinner tonight! Polish Sausage, sauteed with red onion, sauerkraut, butter and brown sugar... and fresh Beets! I peeled, sliced and roasted one beetroot and drizzled olive oil and a good amount of sea salt then roasted it until it was fork tender. The food all turned bright pink but was DELICIOUS. Seriously, Ben liked it. (because it was pink he tried it..lol) I have two more beetroots in the fridge to use and I am ready to try more stuff with beets. They are pretty and sweet but hardy. The only downside is red hands. WHICH I DONT HAVE! My friend Stephanie Wisely of Wisely Used Herbs makes an odor out soap that removed the beet juice from my hands and the cutting board! I washed them immediately but with regular store bought soaps that still didn't work. Shout out to Stephanie! Go here for your own soaps and such... http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wiseley-Used-Herbs/193102270706764

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I'm so glad the soap took the beet color off your hands! I know it works for kitchen smells like garlic and such, but had no idea about beets! Thanks for the kind compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete