Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beef Teriyaki Fried Rice and more

I have been seriously hungry lately. For breakfast I went with a clementine, 2 light string cheeses and one serving of Blue Diamond Crackers. For lunch I had Tasty's of Chicago. For $2.96 I get a huge side of Gyro Meat topped with onions and banana peppers, a big cup of Feta Cheese, and a big side of the Cucumber Sauce (aka. gyro sauce). I don't know what is in these, however I haven't gotten sick after eating it. This is my go-to meal if I just HAVE to go to a drive thru. Please keep in mind that I can handle some cross contamination without being sick (THANK YOU GOD)








































For supper I made Beef Teriyaki Fried Rice. I cooked jasmine rice. Then I took beef (any kind) and pounded it flat and marinated it in LaChoy Teriyaki sauce (the only one that is gluten free that I have seen, their soy sauce is GF also! ) I cut the beef with chicken boning scissors into bite sized peices before cooking. After the beef was just about done I added the onions, frozen corn, frozen peas and carrots and teriyaki sauce. I simmered this mix until the onions turned almost translucent and the frozen veggies were hot. There will be liquid in the pan. Don't worry because the rice will soak that up. So, add the rice and mix carefully so that you don't mush the rice, folding the rice in is best. After the rice is mixed clear a space at the middle of the pan and crack an egg into the space. I add red pepper flakes and ground black pepper on the egg, add what you like or leave plain :) scramble the egg after it sets into the space, too soon will make the egg get into the surrounding rice and although it tastes the same, the texture isn't very good. After the egg is done, fold the fried rice again so that the egg is combined and serve. YUM!!!



































































No comments:

Post a Comment