Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spaghetti and Meatballs. With Cheese.

Tonight I made Spaghetti and Meatballs.

I used 1 poundof Angus 85/15, diced an onion, one egg, Garlic salt, Red Pepper Flakes and Italian Seasoning.

I sautee the onions before adding them to the Angus because I like a softer, sweeter taste.

This is the type of Pasta I used. Ehhh, it was ok but I really prefer the Quinoa Pasta I found. The meatballs were about 1.5 inch balls.

A bit of olive oil in the pan. Don't put the meatballs in the pan until it is hot. You want them to sizzle a little on contact. Also, the meatballs will be stuck at first, wait it out! The heat will also unstick them when they are browned as long as the temp of your pan isn't too hot. You don't want smoke, just a slight sizzle.

I have found that most spaghetti sauces are Gluten Free. Pour the sauce over the meatballs when they are not quite done and add a little mozzarella to the top. I have these wonderful stovetop to oven, Food Network pand that my mom got me 2 years ago. THANKS MOM. So, I put the whole pan in the oven at 450 and wait til the cheese starts browning.

Serve with Parmesan, Romano, or a blend (my favorite) on top of the pasta. Yum.

Here is my favorite GF microwavable meal. It is at Kroger in Brettwood Village. Please be careful and read ALL of the labels in the section surrounding this meal. Kroger is really bad about putting the little GLUTEN FREE sign on EVERYTHING. If it says Organic Pasta it will have Gluten in it no matter what Kroger labels it as!!!! I talked to a manager about it and he went with me and I even helped him pull tags off of things and explained the seriousness of the issue to him. It's gotten 100 times worse since then. Whatever.



No comments:

Post a Comment