Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Today's Food

Breakfast is the most difficult meal for me to eat. I am not a morning person so I usually just run out the door at 630am every weekday morning. Right now I am using snacks as breakfast. I drive a schoolbus so if I don't eat anything before work or at least bring something with me on the bus, I get very sick to my stomach by the time I go home at 1030am for lunch break. My go-to's? Raw unsalted almonds. Aldi's has the for 3 bucks a bag and they are actually decent sized bags. One bag lasts me a little over a week if i take about 20 nuts per day. I also take either a fruit or a yogurt with the almonds. Today I took Blue Diamond cheese flavored crackers and deli chicken lunch meat and 2 thin slices of Muenster cheese. Blue Diamond crackers are a new type I just found and LOVE. They are nut and rice crackers! Gluten free but still flavorful. I have tried the cheese flavor, don't expect a 'Cheezit' flavor.. it's a light cheese flavor. Very good though. I also have tried the smokehouse flavor, very good with light cream cheese! I have found these at Country Nutrition and at Cub Foods.

Lunch~ a rice noodle soup, not unlike a ramen bowl but much healthier. (They are also available without the bowl, not unlike a pack of Ramen noodles... I prefer the Spring Onion flavor. Yum... I find these at Kroger and Country Nutrition.. (Kroger is cheaper) I cracked a raw egg into the water before microwaving this and cooked for 5 minutes. The soup perfectly poaches the egg and it reminds me of egg drop soup! I had this idea one day when I wanted protein really badly and hadn't been to the store for a while. Definitely worth a try.

Snacks - Aldi's has Light and Fit String Cheese. GOOD. Cuties Clementines... Perfect and Today I had a Snickers. YES, they are gluten free!!! I don't eat them often but i realllly needed my chocolate fix today.

Supper~ I sauteed sliced, fresh mushrooms and diced onion in 2 tbls of salted butter and a squeeze of lemon juice. (I do most of my recipes without measurement. SIMPLE... just add more if you like it and take some or all away if you don't) I had already cooked my Quinoa Pasta (found at Country Nutrition!) so when the veggies were soft and brown in the butter I added the pasta and tossed it until they were mixed well. Add pepper. I used coarse ground pepper but whatever you like would work. I also mde salmon patties. A small can ( this kind from Aldi's) one egg yolk, about a tbls of mayo and a tiny squeeze of lemon, dash of salt and a couple pepper grinds. Then mix well with a fork and pan fry them in a bit of oil. Whatever kind is fine. just make sure it's good and hot so that the patties will cook without getting too greasy. Flip once a smash a tiny bit to flatten. Dont cook it to death! The only thing needing to be really cooked (salmon is precooked) is the egg. Eggs cook fast in hot oil and all you will do is dry the salmon and make it fall apart or burn.

Here are my pics for today :)










2 comments: