Sunday, February 20, 2011

GF FRIED STUFF.

I got this awesome cookbook from my Stepsister for Christmas.




This book is what gave me hope. The author writes an entire chapter on what brands she uses that are GF and what kitchen utensils and appliances are used in order not to cross contaminate her kitchen. For example, no wooden spoons, toasters and non stick pans dedicated to only GF cooking, and LaChoy soy sauce is about the only GF soy sauce. In this book I have found recipes worth trying without a million pinches of this and dashes of that for one dish. I made GF Mini Corndogs and GF Mini Fried Cheesesticks. Served with Kraft Honey Mustard Salad Dressing, whic doesn't SAY GF but according to the ingredients, it is GF. Also, My Reggiano's (Aldi's) Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce. I really didn't think I was gonna be able to do it but they turned out perfectly :) I have 'after' pics but no 'before' or 'during' pics.





2 comments:

  1. Shazaam that looks good! Kraft is a brand who doesn't not hide gluten in their labels...just an fyi. :) So if it doesn't say on the label there is gluten in the ingredients, then there isn't. :) You are gonna have to post the recipe for these girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do that! I really didn't think I could make them correctly on the first try so I didn't take pics of anything... figured it would be a trainwreck until I figured out how to fry food in a saucepan. lol It was so easy.

    ReplyDelete