Sunday, February 6, 2011

Good Stuff! and GF as a 'diet'?

I made GF pizza for a friend last night and guess what? She liked it. She said it tasted like Monical's. Yayyy! I didn't think she would and neither did she so I am proud to say that my GF pizza is officially as good as regular pizza. It helps that I found GF pepperoni at Aldi's. I also used baby bella mushrooms on my pizza while her's was just GF pepperoni. I wish I had pics! I have to get more batteries for my camera SOON! I have been eating the same old staples yesterday and today. I have also weighed myself and at this point I have lost 20 pounds since January 1st, 2011. However, I want to point out that the GF diet will not necessarily make you lose weight! There are a lot of GF things that are just as high in fat and calories as their GC (gluten cootied) counterparts. If you just eat the same foods you would have normally eaten but substitute GC for GF, you haven't done anything to lose weight and a gain is possible. In my case I lived a fast food addicted life. So cooking every meal at home was a BIG change. I am sure I will plateau soon because I am not watching my fat or calorie intake. Just focusing on being GF... which is enough for me right now. This month I am focusing on awareness. As in being aware of what my portions sizes look like, how much fat intake, how much soda I drink, how little exercise I get. Next month, my focus will be on whichever thing I am most aware of and ready to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment